Portuguese SpeakerHello -
I am a Brazilian Born/American Naturalized citizen. I am in the process of becoming an FSO - Public Diplomacy officer. I am going to take my FSOT on Feb 4, 2012 @ 8am. I have a few questions and am wondering if you can help me.
1. I am fluent in Portuguese, what are the chances of serving in Brazil (native country) or Portugal for my 1st tour of duty?
2. I have passports from both countries (USA/Brazil), is that a negative factor in becoming an FSO?
3. I have my parents and my daughter that are my dependents, can they come with me on my tours?
4. Since I am a Portuguese speaker, how long of a time frame do I have to wait from taking the FSOT to going to my first tour of duty?
5. In the Public Diplomacy field, as en entry level, how long does an officer stay in their first tour?
6. Is there frequent traveling involved for an entry level Public Diplomacy officer?
Thanks for all the answers and help. I am very excited!