Flat
Summer 2014 Paid (Pathways) Internship
User: Visitor
Date: 7/4/2013 2:41 pm
Views: 12115
Rating: 0    Rate [
|
]
When can I apply for a summer 2014 paid/pathways internship? I know that the unpaid summer 2014 internship application period is between September - November 2013, is it application time frame the same for the paid/pathways internship?
Re: Summer 2014 Paid (Pathways) Internship
Pathways Internship Admin
User: Pathways Internship Admin
Date: 7/5/2013 10:33 am
Views: 947
Rating: 4    Rate [
|
]
We hope to begin recruitment in Novemenber/December 2013 for summer 2014 under the Pathways Internship Program; however we will be posting vacancies on an as-needed basis through out the year. Positions will be for both seasonal and year-round employment. Please sign up for alerts through USAJOBS so you are notified when vacancies are posted.
Date: 7/5/2013 1:31 pm
Views: 895
Rating: 0    Rate [
|
]
Thanks for the prompt response. One more question: if I apply for the Pathways internship in Nov-Dec 2013, when should I expect to hear back about selection/non-selection? I am also planning to apply for the unpaid summer internship and I know selectees for that program hear back in Dec-Jan, so I was wondering how that would work out - could I hold off an unpaid internship offer until I hear back about whether or not I was selected for a pathways internship? Or alternately, if I get selected for both, is there a way for the Bureau that selected me for an unpaid internship to convert me to a pathways intern? Thanks for your help!
PAB_SME
User: PAB_SME
Date: 7/5/2013 3:28 pm
Views: 827
Rating: 2    Rate [
|
]
I have forwarded your posting to HRSC@state.gov for direct reply. That office responds to Pathways Program inquiries.

As to an unpaid summer 2014 internship: If you are offered an unpaid summer 2014 internship, you would either accept or not accept. If you accept, you could withdraw prior to the start of the unpaid internship (if you are offered and choose to accept a paid Pathways internship).
In such an event, it is best to give Student Programs as much notice as possible so that they can offer your place to an alternate.
There is no method by which you could "convert" from an unpaid to a paid internship.
Pathways Internship Admin
User: Pathways Internship Admin
Date: 7/8/2013 7:30 am
Views: 672
Rating: 4    Rate [
|
]
Good morning,
PAB_SME is correct. There are no options of conversion from an unpaid internship to the Pathways Internship Program. You should hear within 2-5 days after announcement closes if you were referred to selecting official (and your application was received prior to reaching the cutoff). You will know 30-45 days after application if you've been selected for the position (managers have 30 days to make selections).
Date: 1/19/2014 2:26 pm
Views: 547
Rating: -1    Rate [
|
]
When can I apply for a summer 2014 paid/pathways internship? I know that the unpaid summer 2014 internship application period is between September - November 2013, is it application time frame the same for the paid/pathways internship?
PreviousNextAdd
Close